Welcome to Geneva School of Boerne’s admission information section. We invite you to watch this brief video to learn whether our school might be a good fit for your family.
This section contains important information about the admission process. The goal of Geneva School’s admissions process is to bring together a cohesive student body which is supportive of our school mission and which can grow together spiritually, intellectually, relationally and physically. Due to the magnitude and importance of its task, the Admission Committee’s independence and integrity are guarded. The committee looks for:
- Families who share beliefs and goals similar to those identified in the school’s statement of faith and philosophy of education.
- Families and students who have abilities, talents and time to assist the school in fulfilling its mission.
- Students who are academically compatible with the population of Geneva School students he or she will join.
The Steps to Admission page gives detailed information about the process including online application, testing and interviews.
The Online Application for admission includes forms that must be completed by parents, current teachers, principal/headmaster, as well as the student (if entering sixth grade or above). In addition to completing the necessary forms, students at all grade levels must be tested and students applying to fourth grade and above have a personal interview with a Headmaster. The final step in the process is a personal interview for parents with members of the school’s Admission Committee.
Admissions Director Ellen Yarbrough is available to answer questions you may have. You may contact her by email or by phone at 830.755.6101, ext. 203.
Thank you for your interest in Geneva School of Boerne.
The Geneva School of Boerne does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, disability or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational, admission, tuition assistance, financial aid, or employment policies, or any other programs administered by the school. The school reserves the right to use religion as a hiring and admissions criterion for all positions, due to the mission and nature of our school as a Christian faith-based institution, as permitted by law.
Open House Information
Geneva provides multiple Open House events in order for potential parents and students to visit campus and get an up-close view of Geneva in action and to meet the Admissions Director as well as administrators and teachers. Parents and students may register for these events in order to visit classes and learn more about the school’s history, beliefs and philosophy of education. The Open House dates for 2018-19 are: November 2, November 9, December 7, January 18 and April 5. Please click here to register for an Open House or to view a campus map.
- Friday, January 18 – Starts at 8:15 a.m. in the school’s Lyceum. The first 45 minutes of the Open House will be spent watching the Grammar School (grades K-5) Assembly (featuring the school’s annual Handwriting Award Assembly) OR touring Logic School (grades 6-8) and Rhetoric School (grades 9-12). After the Grammar School Assembly or LS/RS tours, Open House participants will learn about Geneva’s unique classical and Christian approach and take a tour of the campus. Parents who have the time should plan for the Open House to last until 10:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 5 – Starts at 8:15 a.m. in the school’s Lyceum. The first 45 minutes of the Open House will be spent watching the Grammar School (grades K-5) Assembly (featuring second grade students) OR touring Logic School (grades 6-8) and Rhetoric School (grades 9-12). After the Grammar School Assembly or LS/RS tours, Open House participants will learn about Geneva’s unique classical and Christian approach and take a tour of the campus. Parents who have the time should plan for the Open House to last until 10:30 a.m.
Please contact our Admissions Office for more information about the school. You may contact the school’s Admissions Director Ellen Yarbrough or by phone at 830.755.6101, ext. 203.