Geneva’s Board of Trustees is the governing organization of the school. The board is responsible for ensuring that Geneva is faithful to its mission, even as it continues to grow and adapt. The board operates at the level of policy — including strategic planning, making decisions about policies for school activities and setting the budget for the school. The board is responsible for the school’s vision and goals for the future.
Geneva’s Board of Trustees has only one employee: the Head of School. The board hires, reviews and oversees the Head of School, and he or she reports directly to the board. The board does not oversee any other member of the school’s faculty or staff — all report to the Head of School. This is important as it sets the line between the governance of the school, performed by the board and the day-to-day administration of the school, performed by the Head of School and his or her employees.
The board works as a group. No one member of the board has any authority alone. Board members only have authority when they meet together to discuss and decide on issues.
The board is comprised of people from the local community who are passionate about the future of Geneva School of Boerne. Many are current Geneva parents, and some are parents or grandparents of alumni. Anyone who meets the specific personal qualities described in the Portrait of a Geneva Board Member (see below) is eligible to serve. Nominations are requested every year in the fall.
Board meetings are open to the Geneva community. In addition, minutes from previous meetings are posted below.
Board of Trustees Documents:
- Statement of Identity and Purpose
- Portrait of a Geneva Board Member
- The Board of Trustees Selection Process
Board Meeting Minutes 2018-2019:
- August 2018 Board Retreat Minutes
- September 2018 Board Minutes
- November 2018 Board Minutes
- January 2019 Board Minutes
- March 2019 Board Minutes
- NOTE: The Board did not meet in October, December or February. Special meetings were held in March and April to interview Board candidates. Minutes from the May meeting will be approved at the Board Retreat in August as the Board takes off the months of June and July.
Board Meeting Minutes 2017-2018:
- May 2018 Board Minutes
- March 2018 Board Minutes
- January 2018 Board Minutes
- December 2017 Board Minutes
- November 2017 Board Minutes
- October 2017 Board Minutes
- September 2017 Board Minutes
- August 2017 Board Retreat Minutes
- NOTE: The Board did not meet in February or April. The Board takes off the months of June and July.
Board Meeting Minutes from previous years are available in the main school office.