Geneva Community Life
Geneva Community Life (GCL) is a parent-led organization that exists to facilitate positive relationships between parents, administration and faculty. The mission of GCL is to connect the Geneva community through fellowship, service and prayer. All Geneva parents are members.
GCL welcomes new families through the Geneva Adoption Program (GAP), in which new families are matched with a veteran family with similarly-aged children. GCL hosts new families at a GAP Dinner in the summer and a GAP Tailgate in the fall to welcome and help assimilate them into the school community.
GCL also serves the school community by organizing room moms, grade-level coordinators, house moms and other volunteers, both in and out of the classrooms, as well as planning events such as prayer gatherings, class parties and service projects.
GCL supports faculty and administration by organizing back to school gifts, monthly teacher appreciation luncheons, cash collection for faculty Christmas bonuses, spring staff appreciation gifts and birthday recognition.
GCL is led by an Executive Committee and holds two general meetings a year, which will usually feature guest speakers addressing topics of interest to Geneva parents. GCL also hosts Parent-Teacher Coffees in the Logic and Rhetoric Schools, various fellowship coffees throughout the year and an End-of-Year Picnic each May.
Each fall, GCL presents EAGLEFEST, Geneva’s largest school-wide event. Proceeds from this festival, as well as funds earned from Geneva Outfitter (used uniform sales), Ice Cream Fridays and other GCL fundraising events, support GCL’s community-building efforts and extra funds are gifted to the school. These funds have been used to purchase classroom technology, playground improvements, campus beautification and more.
2017-2018 GCL Executive Committee:
- President: Ronna Bower – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Melissa Hajek – email@example.com
- Treasurer: Heidi Davis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Events Coordinator: Charon Green – email@example.com
- Hospitality Coordinator: Maridee Bruner – firstname.lastname@example.org
- GAP Coordinator: Sarah Hardin – email@example.com
- Prayer Coordinator: Luanne Hicks – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rhetoric School Coordinator: Melissa Zuniga – email@example.com
- Logic School Coordinator: Mona George – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grammar School Coordinator: Jessica Malkowski – email@example.com
- GS Administrative Liaison: Beverly Johnson – firstname.lastname@example.org
- L/R Administrative Liaison: Amy Metzger – email@example.com
Click on this GCL By-Laws link to download information which further explains this organization.