The Geneva varsity swim team competed in the TAPPS Division III Regional Swim Meet on January 23 at Palo Alto Natatorium in San Antonio. Both the girls and boys teams placed second overall in their divisions.
The girls team had 94 total points, which was one point behind regional champ San Antonio Lutheran and the boys were second with 78 total points behind Austin Veritas Academy who placed first with 84 points.
The Eagles swimmers advance to the TAPPS Division III State Meet on February 6 in Mansfield. Here are individual and relay team results:
- Gabe Ross, Brooks Fessler, Ben Ross and Austin Dennis had a break out swim dropping six seconds to finish in first place (1:53.57) in the boys 200 medley relay.
- Peyton Brehmer placed second in the girls 200 freestyle (2:11.63).
- Ashley Salter was third in the girls 200 Individual Medley (2:28.15).
- Katie Grace Styles placed fifth in the girls 50 yard freestyle (28.60).
- Gabe Ross finished first (21.98), Ben Ross was second (24.43) and Austin Dennis placed fifth (24.43) in the boys 50 yard freestyle.
- Peyton Brehmer was fourth in the girls 100 freestyle (1:00.22).
- Gabe Ross finished second (48.16) and Ben Ross placed fourth (55.79) in the boys 100 freestyle.
- Alyssa Salter was first (5:31.26) and Brooke Secor placed fifth (6:22.47) in the girls 500 freestyle.
- Peyton Brehmer, Ashley Salter, Katie Styles and Alyssa Salter placed third in the girls 200 freestyle relay (1:52.76).
- Ben Ross, Austin Dennis, Brooks Fessler and Gabe Ross had a first place finish in the boys 200 freestyle relay (1:40.12).
- Alexa Georgelos finished fifth in the girls 100 yard backstroke (1:15.90).
- Alyssa Salter was third (1:15.93) and Alexa Georgelos finished in fifth place in the girls 100 yard breaststroke (1:22.41).
- Brooks Fessler placed fifth in the boys 100 yard breaststroke (1:18.98).
- Ashley Salter, Emily Swipes, Lauren Abell and Brooke Secor finished fourth I the girls 400 yard freestyle relay (4:32.93).
The Geneva varsity swim team is coached by Joye McInturff and Matthew Ross.