The Geneva School of Boerne exists to provide a classical education from a biblical worldview, to equip students for a lifetime of learning, service and leadership to the glory of Jesus Christ.
Our educators are dedicated to a Christ-centered worldview and to the Geneva mission, locking arms with parents to provide a rigorous and time-tested education. Our award-winning and accredited academics, athletics and arts programs uphold the classical ideal by teaching students to recognize what is good, true and beautiful in every endeavor. We teach from a Christ-centered worldview—everything students learn and do is evaluated according to the standard of God’s word. Geneva graduates enter the world well-spoken and uniquely equipped to lead as servants, scholars, athletes and artists.
Located on 51 beautiful acres in Boerne, just north of San Antonio in the Texas Hill Country, we provide a place for all students to be known, foster a small-town roll-up-your-sleeves style of family volunteerism to get things done and cultivate an outward-focused community that actively loves our neighbors both inside and outside the school. Geneva is a welcoming, tight-knit community of people who trust and invest in each other with grace and grit.
The school was formed in 1998 and began offering classes in 1999 to 13 students in kindergarten, first and third grade. The first senior class of 19 students graduated in May 2011. Geneva serves 678 students in grades K-12 this year and celebrated its tenth graduating senior class in May 2020.
At a Glance
- Description: a classical and Christian, co-educational school serving students in grades K-12
- Founded: 1999 with 13 students
- Accreditation: AdvancED (formerly known as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement or SACS CASI)
- Campus: 51 acres. Click here to view the campus map.
- Enrollment in 2020-2021: 678 students in grades K-12; 275 students in Grammar School (grades K-5); 174 students in Logic School (grades 6-8); 224 students in Rhetoric School (grades 9-12)
- Average class size: Grammar School – 16 students (Kindergarten – 13); Logic School – 18 students; Rhetoric School – 18 students
- Teaching faculty: 69 full-time; 5 part-time; 60% of all Rhetoric School faculty have advanced degrees
- Alumni: 373 graduates (the Class of 2011 was the school’s first graduating class with 19 students)
Tuition for 2021-2022: Grammar School (grades K-5) – $12,200; Logic School (grades 6-8) – $12,600; Rhetoric School (grades 9-12) – $13,250
Financial Aid: 15% of the student population in 2020-2021 received tuition assistance and the total amount awarded was $372,112.
- SAT average for graduating classes from 2013-2017 (163 tested): 1790 (Critical Reading – 605; Math – 585; Writing – 600)
- New SAT average for graduating classes from 2018-2020 (120 tested): 1247 (Critical Reading – 634; Math – 613)
- ACT average for graduating classes from 2016-2020 (166 tested): 26
- National Merit Scholar Recognitions: Class of 2011: 1 Finalist, 1 Commended; Class of 2012: 1 Finalist, 3 Commended; Class of 2013: 1 Finalist, 3 Commended, 1 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar; Class of 2014: 3 Commended, 1 Honorable Mention National Hispanic Recognition Program; Class of 2015: 4 Commended; Class of 2016: 1 Finalist, 1 Commended; Class of 2017: 1 Finalist, 2 Commended, 1 National Hispanic Recognition Program Scholar; Class of 2018: 2 Commended; Class of 2019: 1 Finalist, 2 Commended Scholars, 1 National Hispanic Scholar; Class of 2020: 2 Commended Scholars, 1 National Hispanic Scholar; Class of 2021: 1 Commended Scholar and Rural/Small Town Scholar, 1 National Hispanic Scholar and Rural/Small Town Scholar, 1 National Rural/Small Town Scholar
- Advanced Placement Offerings: Biology, Calculus AB, Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, Latin, Microeconomics, Music Theory, Physics 1, Spanish Language and Culture, Spanish Literature and Culture, Statistics, United States Government and Politics
- Dual Credit: English through University of Texas San Antonio (UTSA)
- College Acceptances: see the Academic Profile for a listing of college acceptances
- League: competes in the Texas Association of Private and Parochial Schools (TAPPS) in arts, academics and athletics as a 5A school; competes in the National Speech & Debate Association for debate
- State Championships in Athletics – 28 state titles since 2008: Boys Basketball (2010-2011, 2012-2013), Boys Cross Country (2011-2012, 2012-2013), Boys Football – Eleven-Man (2019-2020), Boys Football – Six-Man (2014-2015), Boys Golf (2009-2010, 2011-2012, 2018-2019), Boys Tennis (2010-2011, 2011-2012), Girls Basketball (2009-2010), Girls Cross Country (2009-2010, 2010-2011), Girls Golf (2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012), Girls Tennis (2008-2009, 2009-2010, 2010-2011), Girls Track and Field (2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2014-2015, 2015-2016, 2016-2017, 2018-2019), Girls Volleyball (2010-2011, 2011-2012).
Click here for more information on Geneva’s athletics accomplishments.
- State Championships in Arts/Academics – 11 state titles since 2008: Academics (2010-2011), Art (2016-2017, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), Band (2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2013-2014), Orchestra (2017-2018, 2018-2019), One Act Play (2015-2016), Cheer (2019-2020)
- Overall State Championship: Nine-time winner of the TAPPS Henderson Cup which is awarded to the overall state champion in academics, arts and athletics (1A Level: 2009-2010, 2010-2011, 2011-2012; 2A Level: 2012-2013, 2013-2014; 3A Level: 2014-2015, 2015-2016; 4A Level: 2017-2018, 2018-2019)
- Individual Recognitions: Female Athlete of the Year (2009-2010, 2010-2011), Female Fine Arts Student of the Year (2010-2011, 2014-2015, 2017-2018, 2018-2019), Male Athlete of the Year (2011-2012), Male Fine Arts Student of the Year (2012-2013, 2014-2015, 2018-2019), TAPPS 4A Fine Arts School of the Year (2018-2019)